If you or anyone in your household purchased health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace in 2014, you will be receiving a Form 1095-A. You will need this form to prepare your tax return.
What do you need to know about Form 1095-A?
- You will receive this form from your Marketplace, not the IRS.
- You should be receiving this form in early February, if you don’t receive it; contact the Marketplace from which you received coverage.
- You will need Form 1095-A to complete your tax return.
- This form will tell you the dates of coverage, total amount of monthly premiums, and amounts of advance payments of the premium tax credit.
- This form is used to calculate the amount of your premium tax credit and to reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit made on your behalf to your insurance provider with the credit you are claiming on your tax return.
If you have questions on how Form 1095-A will impact your specific tax situation, please give us a call at 616.393.0398.